Basic Biomedical Research Fellowships 2017 – Senior and Intermediate Fellowship scheme
About: The Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance invites applications for its Senior and Intermediate Fellowship scheme.
The Basic Biomedical Research Fellowships 2017 are available across the full spectrum of biomedical research from fundamental molecular and cellular studies through clinical and public health research*. Interdisciplinary projects are welcome.
– For researchers who have demonstrated their potential to lead an independent research program and want to expand it further to undertake pioneering research.
– Suitable for applicants with 7-15 years of post-PhD research experience.
– For postdoctoral researchers who have been successful in building a track record of pursuing a cutting edge research.
– Suitable for applicants with 4-7 years of post-PhD research experience
– No age or nationality restrictions.
– Applicant need not be resident in India while applying but should be willing to relocate to and work in India.
– This competition is open for basic science/veterinary researchers between 4 -15 years of post-PhD research experience.
– Applicant can have a PhD in any discipline of science.
Provisions: The 5 year Fellowship support provides:
– Competitive personal salary support
– Generous and flexible funds for research
– Funds to develop international collaborations
Requirements: The following are essential for the application:
– A research proposal that is based on a hypothesis and seeks to answer an original biomedical research question.
– A not-for-profit Host Institution in India that will administer the Fellowship for the full duration of the award.
– A sponsor at the Host Institution, who can guarantee space and resources for the duration of the award.
How to Apply:
– Application forms are available on India Alliance Online application System.
– Applications are open from 1 January, 2017.
Last date for Application submission is 7th February, 2017.
Also, check the list of other Research Fellowships by DBT, Govt. Of India.
Connect with us on our Facebook Page, Facebook Group & LinkedIn Group.
Join our Subscribers/ Mailing list and receive the updates on latest Research Jobs, Internships, Fellowships, Assistantships & much more.
Best wishes from ResearchX.