Clinical and Public Health Research Fellowships 2017
About: The Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance invites applications for three Fellowship schemes:
• Early Career Fellowships,
• Intermediate Fellowships and
• Senior Fellowships.
Early Career Fellowships:
– For those applicants who have shown promise to pursue research and wish to further their efforts to build a research career under the supervision of a Fellowship supervisor.
– Suitable for applicants in the final year PhD/MD/MS/MPH or have up to 4 years of relevant experience.
– For those applicants who have been successful in building a track record of pursuing a cutting edge research and wish to establish their own independent clinical/public health research program in India.
– Suitable for applicants with 4-7 years of relevant experience.
– For those applicants who have demonstrated their potential to lead an independent research program and want to expand it further to undertake pioneering research.
– Suitable for applicants with 7-15 years of relevant experience.
Eligibility: for Clinical and Public Health Research Fellowships
– No age or nationality restrictions.
– Applicant need not be resident in India while applying but should be willing to relocate to and work in India.
– Clinicians and Public health researchers do not require a PhD to apply.
– This competition is open for clinicians and public health researchers with up to 15 years of post-MD/MS/MPH/PhD or equivalent clinical / public health research experience.
Provisions: The 5 year Fellowship support provides:
– opportunity to pursue their research goals in combination with their clinical duties.
– competitive personal support.
– generous research support with flexibility to accommodate requirements of clinical and public health research.
– Flexibility to request additional support staff.
– Support training cost and research sabbatical.
– Funds for International training and travel.
Requirements: The following are essential for the application:
– A research proposal that seeks to answer an original biomedical research question
– A not-for-profit Host Institution in India that will administer the Fellowship for the full duration of the award.
– A salaried position or commitment to a salaried position at the Host Institution is not required.
– A Sponsor at the Host Institution, who can guarantee space and resources for the duration of the award.
How to Apply:
– Application forms are available on the India Alliance Online application System.
– Applications are open from 2 January, 2017.
Last date for Application submission is 9th February, 2017.
Also, check the list of other Research Fellowships by DBT, Govt. Of India.
Connect with us on our Facebook Page, Facebook Group & LinkedIn Group.
Join our Subscribers/ Mailing list and receive the updates on latest Research Jobs, Internships, Fellowships, Assistantships & much more.
Best wishes from ResearchX.