Ekalavya IIT Bombay Summer Internship 2017
Ekalavya IIT Bombay Summer Internship is an initiative to strengthen the state of engineering education in India. It was instituted by Prof. DB Phatak of Computer Science & Engg. dept., IIT B.
Ekalavya IIT Bombay Summer Internship is part of the Ekalavya portal.
Ekalavya is an attempt to generate an interactive platform for the creation, absorption, dissemination and usage of knowledge for the well being of the individual and the society. It is a significant step forward to bring together students, teachers, and working professionals to meaningfully enhance the productivity of the group and spread knowledge.
Ekalavya IIT Bombay Summer Internship is an 8 week program and all the work under this program will be released under Open source license
IIT Internships: Summer Internships at IIT
1.) GIPEDI, IIT Delhi Internship Program
2.) IIT Roorkee Summer Internship
3.) IIT Bombay Research Internship Program
4.) IIT Gandhinagar Summer Research Internships 2017
5.) SURGE – IIT Kanpur Summer Internship 2017
6.) IIT Hyderabad – Summer Internship 2017
7.) IIT Madras Summer Internship Program 2017
8.) IIT Ropar Summer Internship Programme 2017
9.) IIT Kharagpur Summer Internship Program 2017
10.) IIT Jodhpur Summer Internship 2017
Who can apply:
– Applicants with background in Computer Science/ IT/ Electrical/ Electronics Engineering.
– Applicant should be completing 3rd year in April/May 2017.
– Applicants with experience in programming will be preferred.
– Those completing 2nd year, with exceptional academic performance may be considered.
– 8 Weeks.
– Starts in Second week of May and ends in 1st week of July.
Research Area/ Departments:
• Computer Science/IT
• Electrical Engineering
• Electronics & Communication Engineering
Financal: Applicants have to pay for the internship and their stay at IIT Bombay.
The approximate amounts are:
– Rs. 6000/- to be paid to the IIT Bombay academic office (Internship Fee’s)
– Hostel room rent of approximately Rs 1100/- per month.
– Additional money (around Rs 20/-) per day (for renting a mattress + bucket)
– Approximately Rs 130/- per day for food (breakfast, lunch, dinner).
Of these, we will pay Rs. 6000/- directly to the institute, on your behalf. You will have to bear rest of the expenses on your own.
– The list of projects for summer internship will be published by end of February.
– The final allocation of projects will be published in April, 2017.
Software Skills Quota:
– Around 50% candidates will be selected based on their programming aptitude.
– Some material (documents) is provided on Ekalavya portal.
– Read those material and complete some task, that will be uploaded by Jan end.
– Also, students have to take a online programming test in C.
– Top students as part of this quota will receive cash prize.
Academic Skills Quota:
– Remaining 50% candidates will be selected based on academic performance in their college/university, and on their technical accomplishments.
– Selected candidates will also take a mandatory written (timed) programming test in C.
– You can use your email to register in the site www.codzilla.org.in where you can practice problems.
For Electrical/Electronics background students:
– This year there will be projects on embedded systems as well.
– Those who are from Electronics/ Electrical background can choose embedded sys. projects while registering.
How To Apply:
– Apply online here.
– No separate application through letter or email is required.
Last Date of submission: Monday 6th February, 2017
For More Details:
– Check the result of 2016, 2015, 2014 program here.
– If you have any question, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Read Ashwani Pandey experience as an Intern at Ekalavya IIT Bombay.
Visit the Ekalavya IIT Bombay Summer Internship Program 2017 Homepage.
Join our Subscribers/ Mailing list and receive the updates on latest Research Jobs, Internships, Fellowships, Assistantships & much more.
Best wishes from ResearchX.