NASA LPI Summer Internship Program 2017
Applications are now open for the NASA LPI Summer Internship Program in Planetary Science.
The Lunar and Planetary Institute (LPI) is a scientific research institute dedicated to study of the solar system, its formation, evolution, and current state. The institute is part of the Universities Space Research Association (USRA) and is supported by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
Each year, LPI hosts a NASA LPI Summer Internship Program providing undergraduates an opportunity to participate in cutting-edge research in the planetary sciences.
Interns work one-on-one with scientists at the LPI or at the NASA Johnson Space Center to complete research projects of current interest. The NASA LPI Summer Internship Program allows participants to experience a real research environment, to learn from leading planetary scientists, and to preview careers in research.
IIT Internships: Summer Internships at IIT
1.) GIPEDI, IIT Delhi Internship Program
2.) IIT Roorkee Summer Internship
3.) IIT Bombay Research Internship Program
4.) Summer Research Internships 2017 – IIT Gandhinagar
5.) SURGE – IIT Kanpur Summer Internship 2017
6.) IIT Hyderabad – Summer Internship 2017
7.) IIT Madras Summer Internship Program 2017
8.) IIT Ropar Summer Internship Programme 2017
Who can apply:
• program is open to international undergraduates as well as students from the USA.
• students should have at least 50 semester hours of credit.
• Students with majors in a physical or natural science, engineering, computer science, or mathematics may apply.
• program is mainly for students finishing their sophomore (2nd) and junior (3rd) years.
(1) scholarship, curriculum, and experience;
(2) career objectives and scientific interest; and
(3) match of interest of applicant with available research projects.
– Interns will receive a $5,675 stipend.
– Also, amount of $1000 US travel stipend, or $1,500 foreign travel reimbursement for foreign interns.
– Lunar Science and Exploration,
– Remote Sensing and Spectroscopy,
– Image Processing,
– Planetary Geology and Surface Processes,
– Impact Studies,
– Geophysical Data Analysis and Modeling,
– Physics and Chemistry of Planetary Atmospheres,
– Meteorites and Sample Analysis,
– Interplanetary Dust and Presolar Grains,
How to Apply:
• You will need to apply using the online application form.
• Transcripts and letters of recommendation may be submitted independently.
• You are required to submit three reference letters.
Internship Period: 10 weeks (June 5-August 11, 2017)
Application Deadline: January 6, 2017
For More Info:
– Read the FAQ’s here.
– Check the NASA LPI Summer Inter Program 2017 poster
– Check the list of research project here.
– In case of questions, please contact at email@example.com.
Check the, NASA LPI Summer Internship Program 2017 Homepage.
Join our Subscribers/ Mailing list and receive the updates on latest Research Jobs, Internships, Fellowships, Assistantships & much more.
Best wishes from ResearchX.