NCRA – TIFR Summer Internship 2017
The National Centre for Radio Astrophysics of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (NCRA-TIFR), Pune is a leading centre of research in a wide range of areas in Astronomy and Astrophysics.
NCRA conduct a 2 months NCRA – TIFR Summer Internship programme every year which offers exciting opportunities for research in Astronomy and Astrophysics, and instrumentation, with an emphasis on radio astronomy.
The NCRA – TIFR Summer Internship 2017 will consist of a research project on astronomy and astrophysics, either theoretical, observational or computational, depending on project availability and student preferences.
Based on their performance in the research project, the project seminar and subsequent interviews, outstanding students will be offered a research scholarship towards a PhD at NCRA, to be taken up on completion of the qualifying degree.
Who can apply:
– Only students who will complete their degree in 2018 are eligible.
– M.Sc. – First Year (physics / applied mathematics / astronomy / electronics)
– Integrated M.Sc. – 3rd year
– B.Tech. / B.E. – 3rd year
– Those who have completed their degree are not eligible.
Duration: 8 Weeks – (May – July, 2017)
a) Participants will paid a stipend of Rs.7,000/-
b) Free lodging on the NCRA campus will be provided.
c) Reimbursement of second-class (non-A/C) return railway fare will be given.
How to Apply:
– Application needs to be filled online only.
– The web-based form for applications is available here from mid-January every year, for a period of roughly one month.
– Offers for participation in the internship will be made by the middle of March every year.
Application deadlines: 15th February, 2017
Notification of Selection: Mid March, 2017
For more details: Visit the official web page of NCRA – TIFR Summer Internship.
Join our Subscribers/ Mailing list and receive the updates on latest Research Jobs, Internships, Fellowships, Assistantships & much more.
Best wishes from ResearchX.