NIUS Physics programme 2017-18
HBCSE – TIFR Mumbai is inviting application for it’s National Initiative on Undergraduate Science program (NIUS Physics programme 2017-18).
National Initiative on Undergraduate Science (NIUS) is an initiative of TIFR Mumbai concerning tertiary science education in India. And, was started in 2004.
NIUS Physics programme is designed to provide extended nurture and guidance to undergraduate students in Physics. In this programme students attend nurture camps organized by TIFR, Mumbai and work on proto-research projects during their vacations over a period of two years (June 2017 – June 2019).
Who can apply:
– First year undergraduate students of:
i) 3 year BSc/BSc(H) with Physics as one of the subject,
ii) 4 year BS/BTech/BE in Physics/Applied Physics/ Engineering Physics,
iii) 5 year MS/MSc (Integrated) with Physics and
iv) 4 or 5 year BTech/BE any branch of Engineering/Technology,
– with at least 55% marks or equivalent in their Class X and Class XII examination.
Duration: June 13 – 28, 2017 at HBCSE, Mumbai.
Checklist for Application:
– Application form or its equivalent (on plain paper), duly filled.
– Attested copies of your Std. X and Std. XII mark sheets.
– Two recommendation letters from your teachers.
– A 250 word write up to explain your interest in and expectations from the NIUS Physics programme.
How to Apply:
– Send your completed applications along with all the above mentioned documents to the following address.
– No email/ online applications will be accepted.
Dr. Rajesh B. Khaparde,
Academic Coordinator, NIUS (Physcis)
Homi Bhabha Centre For Science Education,
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research,
V. N. Purav Marg,
Mumbai – 400 088.
The last date to apply for these internships is Feb 25th, 2017.
For more details, visit NIUS Physics programme web page.
Join our Subscribers/ Mailing list and receive the updates on latest Research Jobs, Internships, Fellowships, Assistantships & much more.
Best wishes from ResearchX.