Summer Internship – ICERM, Brown University
Imagine spending eight-weeks on the beautiful Brown University campus in historic Providence, RI, working in a small team setting to solve mathematical research problems developed by faculty experts in their fields.
Imagine creating career-building connections between peers, near peers (graduate students and postdocs), and academic professionals.
Now, imagine having this experience with support for travel within the U.S., room and board paid, plus a $3,000 stipend*.
The Summer@ICERM 2017 program is designed for a select group of 16-20 undergraduate scholars. The program will give undergraduates an opportunity for exposure and research in the methods of “Applied Topology” in the study of complex data sets.
IIT Internships: Summer Internships at IIT
1.) GIPEDI, IIT Delhi Internship Program
2.) IIT Roorkee Summer Internship
3.) IIT Bombay Research Internship Program
4.) Summer Research Internships 2017 – IIT Gandhinagar
5.) SURGE – IIT Kanpur Summer Internship 2017
6.) IIT Hyderabad – Summer Internship 2017
7.) IIT Madras Summer Internship Program 2017
8.) IIT Ropar Summer Internship Programme 2017
Who can apply:
• Applicants must not yet have graduated with an undergraduate degree at the time of the program start.
• Applicants must have a strong background in Mathematics, Data Science, Computer Science and Scientific Computing.
– A financial support of $3,000/- will be provided in stipend form.
– Travel support within US.
– Housing and Meal will be taken care.
1. Shape Classification;
2. Action Recognition;
3. Feature Recognition from Persistent Diagrams;
4. Local Persistence Diagrams;
5. Configuration Spaces;
6. Künneth Formula for Persistent Homology;
7. Music Information Retrieval; and
8. Analysis of Hippocampal Networks.
How to Apply:
International Students (Non-Brown University Students):
• Non-Brown University students must apply via MathPrograms.org.
• Also submit the Personal Statement of interest and two Reference Letters.
• Applications submitted between February 17 and March 1, 2017 may still be considered in a second round of acceptances.
Brown University Students:
• Brown University students must apply for Jeff Brock’s I-Team UTRA before January 15, 2017 (not via MathPrograms.org).
Internship Period: 8 weeks (June 19-August 11, 2017)
Application Deadline: February 17, 2017
Notifications of Acceptance: Late Feb/ Early March, 2017
Check the, Summer Internship – ICERM, Brown University/ Summer@ICERM 2017 website.
Join our Subscribers/ Mailing list and receive the updates on latest Research Jobs, Internships, Fellowships, Assistantships & much more.
Best wishes from ResearchX.