TIFR Summer Internship VSRP – TIFR
TIFR conducts annual summer program (TIFR Summer Internship VSRP – TIFR), in which talented students are introduced to research activities in the areas of Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics, and Physics.
The selected students are expected to work on a research project under the supervision of a TIFR researcher.
The TIFR Summer Internship VSRP – TIFR (VSRP-2017) will be held at TIFR, Mumbai during the period May 8 to July 5, 2017.
VSRP for Mathematics will be held from June 5 – July 5, 2017. For details, please also see School of Mathematics website.
Who can apply: To be eligible for this internship,
– Physics/Chemistry/Biology/Mathematics/ Computer & Systems Sciences :
1) Two years of undergraduate course work in an academic institution.
2) Should not have participated in VSRP before.
– TIFR Internship programme is for students currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s programme only.
For Maths: 1 Month – June 5 – July 5, 2017
For all other Subjects: 2 Months – May 8 to July 5, 2017
a) Selected students are paid a monthly stipend @ Rs 7000/- per month.
b) Travel re-imbursement from the place of their residence.
c) Free shared accommodation on- or off- campus is provided.
– Selection is purely based on the academic performance of the student, submitted write-up and referee reports.
– There is no selection test/interview.
How to Apply:
– Applicants need to apply online.
– Read the instructions to apply online.
– You can also send the applications by post. (download the application)
– Send you applications on the following address:
The Assistant Registrar (Academic)
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
Homi Bhabha Road, Colaba
For Maths – February 28, 2017
For all other subjects – January 31, 2017
Join our Subscribers/ Mailing list and receive the updates on latest Research Jobs, Internships, Fellowships, Assistantships & much more.
Best wishes from ResearchX.